Breast Cancer Screening is looking for signs of breast cancer at an early stage when it can be treated and may be cured.
If you are scheduled for a Mammogram or Ultrasound Breast:
- Do not schedule your mammography for the week before your period if your breasts are usually tender during this time. The best time is one week after your period.
- Do not apply deodorant, lotion, and talcum powder under your arms or on your breasts on the day of examination. They may appear on the film as calcium spots.
- Always inform your doctor or radiographer if there is any possibility that you are pregnant. Describe any breast symptoms or problems before performing the exam.
- Obtain prior mammograms and make them available to the doctor or radiographer at the time of the current examination.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing that is easy to remove i.e. t-shirt or tops with front buttons instead of back zippers.
- Please bring along all mammography films and reports for comparison on your next mammography visit.
Promotion is valid from 1 – 30 October 2020. Redemption period: 3 months from date of purchase.