Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (hbot) is breathing 100% medical grade oxygen under pressure in a specially designed chamber.
The two main benefits of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy is to improve the blood circulations , hyperoxygenation of the patient inside the hyperbaric chamber.
Hbot also have detoxification of gases, bacteria killing activity and reduce swollen effects. The duration of treatment is ranging from 70 to 90 minutes.
Hyperbaric medicine, also known as hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT), is the medical use of oxygen at a level higher than atmospheric pressure. The equipment required consists of a pressure chamber, which may be of rigid or flexible construction, and a means of delivering 100% oxygen. Services
Conditions that may benefit from hyperbaric oxygen therapy include:
- Non-healing wounds (Diabetic and selected problem wounds)
- Decompression sickness (divers)
- Radiation tissue damage (cancer patients)
- Crush injury
The commonly treated conditions with hbot are as below:
- Diver with Decompression Sickness
- Difficult wounds healing ( Diabetes wounds)
- Radiation Tissues Damage
- Osteoradionecrosis ( bone dying due to radiation)
- Osteomyelitis ( bone infection)
- Crush injury
- Skin graft & Flaps ( compromise)
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Sport injuries
- Sudden loss of hearing ( sometimes with tinnitus & vertigo)
- Gas Gangrene
Level 2, Wisma Life Care,
No 5, Jalan Kerinchi, Bangsar South,
59200 Kuala Lumpur