There are millions who live with viral hepatitis who are unaware of the danger that they carry around. Here are the 5 things you should know about Hepatitis.
- Viral Hepatitis is the inflammation of the liver.
- Toxins, certain drugs, heavy alcohol use, bacterial and viral infections can all cause Hepatitis.
- Hepatitis A is spread through food or water that’s been contaminated by fecal matter. There’s no treatment for hepatitis A, but routine childhood vaccination and vaccination of at risk adults are the most effective ways to reduce the disease.
- Hepatitis B is transmitted between people through contact with the blood or other body fluids of an infected person. All newborn and children should be vaccinated against hepatitis B, as well as people who are at risk.
- Hepatitis C is spread through direct blood to blood contact (i.e. sharing needles with IV drug use). As there’s no vaccine for hepatitis C, prevention and treatment are of the utmost importance.
Have yourself screened for viral hepatitis to protect yourself and those around you TODAY!
#WHD19 #LifeCare #LifeTips