Gastroscopy (OGDS) is visual examination of upper digestive tract using a small scope. A thin flexible tube is inserted into the mouth and travels down the oesophagus, then into the stomach and duodenum (upper part of the small intestine).
Who should undergo Gastroscopy (OGDS)?
1.Individuals experiencing persistent gastric pain or discomfort, with reflux symptoms unresponsive to medical therapy.
2.Those who have difficulty swallowing.
3.Individuals with an apparent mass in the gastric region, accompanied by unexplained weight loss or loss of appetite.
4.Patients diagnosed with H. pylori infection but not responding to triple therapy.
5.Individuals with evidence of old blood in stool, often resulting in black stools due to oxidized old blood.
Package includes Gastroenterologist Consultation and Light Refreshment.
- Fasting for 6-8 hours prior to the procedure is necessary to ensure an empty stomach.
- Gastroscopy is typically a day-care procedure, meaning you will not need to be admitted overnight.
- After the procedure, it is important to have someone available to drive you home as driving under the influence of sedation is not recommended.
- You will receive a comprehensive report of the endoscopy, along with a video (CD) of the procedure.
- If any abnormal findings are detected during the gastroscopy that require further treatment, the doctor will schedule a follow-up appointment.
- To schedule an appointment, please contact us via WhatsApp: Bangsar South 0183731530 and Cheras South 0189003620 .