I will be offered several alternatives;
- Chest X-ray with a protective shield;
- I can postpone the Chest X-ray (and TB clearance) until after delivery or
- I can opt to provide three Sputum samples on 3 consecutive mornings for Smears and Culture test Result of Sputum Smears and Culture will take up to 10 Weeks
- Applicants are not required to fast
- The UK Pre-Departure Tuberculosis Detection Programme Medical Certificate will be issued on the same day if Tuberculosis screening is normal.
- If you are 16 years old & below, you must be accompanied by your parent.
- It is advisable for applicants to do their Tuberculosis screening at least 10 weeks prior to their application because if Chest X-Ray findings are suggestive of pulmonary tuberculosis, they will have to do a further test with Sputum Smears and Culture.
- Applicants are not required to fast for blood and urine tests
- Applicants with the previous history of Pulmonary Tuberculosis is also required to do Sputum Smears and Culture.
- The result of Sputum Smears and Culture will take up to 10 Weeks.
- The certificate will be issued to applicants whose results are negative. If results are positive, the applicant will be referred for treatment for a period of at least 6 months.